Osteopathic practitioners study for years to develop very sensitive palpation skills. Many gentle tests and techniques are used to find and treat the root causes of dysfunction and not just chase the symptoms.
Osteopathy is a treatment philosophy which seeks to identify areas of the body that are restricted or constricted, then gently ease these restrictions so that normal function can resume.
Osteopathy is a natural medicine and science that treats the whole person. The goal of treatment is to relieve pain, improve mobility and restore health and vitality.
A treatment plan is formulated by understanding the relationship between the structure of the body and how well it functions, and knowing the connections between all the tissues, fluids, organs and systems of the body.
- Back paint
- Numbness in the limbs or neuralgia
- Headaches, dizziness or vertigo
- Difficulty of locomotion
- Joint pain (knee, hip, wrist, foot…)
- Bladder or prostate problems
- Digestive disorders, Sleep disorders
Preserve your mobility
Osteopathy is particularly suitable at this time of life. It’s gentle, non-invasive techniques promote healing and health throughout the body.
Your Osteopathic Manual Practitioner, with their great knowledge of Physiology, Anatomy and Pathology and years of study, will help you preserve your physical independence and quality of life. * At the onset of a headache.
- A fall, accident, trauma or whiplash
- A particularly stressful incident (exams etc.)
- Muscle spasms of the neck or upper back
Signs that may accompany a Headache.
- Diffuse or continual pain in the head or neck
- Muscle tension at the level of the neck and shoulders
- Torticollis (neck spasm), sharp pain that accompanies head movement
- Nausea or dizziness
- Digestive disorders
- Vision distortion